Tuna processors, marketers, and traders can become ISSF Data Check Companies to show their commitment to improve the long-term health of tuna fisheries.
The Data Check Company designation is distinct from the ISSF Participating Company designation. Data Check Companies commit to conform to, and be audited on, a limited number of ISSF Conservation Measures:
- Conservation Measure 1.1 – Tuna RFMO Authorized Vessel Record
- Conservation Measure 2.2 – Quarterly Data Submission to RFMO
- Conservation Measure 4.1 – Unique Vessel Identifiers – IMO
- Conservation Measure 4.2 – Purse Seine Unique Vessel Identifiers
- Conservation Measure 5.1 – Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated (IUU Fishing)
Terms and Conditions
Seafood companies that are considering becoming ISSF Data Check Companies should review the General Provisions as well as Terms and Conditions that apply to this designation.
Companies interesting in Data Check Company status must complete our PDF application form to be considered. Each Data Check Company must pay an annual fee to cover auditing and other administrative costs.
We publish audit reports for each individual Data Check Company, assessing their conformance with the applicable conservation measures.
The ISSF Annual Conservation Measures & Commitments Compliance Report (PDF) examines how all ISSF participating companies performed in 2022 against ISSF Conservation Measures and Commitments.